Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ottawa Bodybuilding Precontest Diet Progress Report - Week 2

Here's week 2 of Greg Charron's Pre-contest diet for the Ottawa Bodybuilding Contest on Sat Nov 6th.



Second Week of Diet

The first week out of the way, I feel much more confident with how the diet works.  Not to mention the obvious of working really hard in the gym and being strict.  The way Shane has explained it to me, I know if I follow his instructions to a T, I will be in the best shape in my life come show day!


Week 2

This week I'm noticing my muscles are getting bigger, and I'm getting leaner at the same time.  I always thought that wasn't possible, but it's exactly what's happening.  My mood is also much better, but I guess that's due to the dramatic increase in calories.  Another benefit to this increased calorie intake is my energy for training is way up there now.

It's really been great, I've often got questions about how or why my diet and training are set a certain way, and Shane always has an answer that actually makes sense to me.  Even when it's pretty technical, he makes it seem simple to understand, which definitely increases my confidence with what I'm doing!

Week 2


I met with Shane on Friday morning and he took progress pics again.  I was so happy with my quick results and so was Shane... It's a good thing when your coach is pleased!


Shane's eye for shape and symmetry must come in part from his 17 years of judging bodybuilding shows.  I was shocked to learn that.. but to be honest, it was also one of the reasons I hired him.  On top of knowing his stuff when it comes to training and diet, he's got an almost unfair advantage by knowing exactly what the judges are looking for.  So when we work on posing, he's got amazing tips on how to present my body in the best possible way!


I also bug Shane quite a bit on ideas for areas that I don't find respond well to my training, and he's always got tips that not only sound good, but seem to really work!  I think you'll see what I mean come the day of the show!  


Shane and I have a really good working relationship. It's like a race car driver. He's not much good to the pit crew manager if he does not know how to talk about his car and the issues at hand. He gives me new instructions for the next week, and I follow them verbatim, and presto.. results!




Can't wait for each week!




- Greg

1 comment:

  1. Great post Shane
    It's always exciting when you have an athlete that
    Takes advantage and implements your knowledge

    Keep up the great work Greg and Shane

    Curd

    ReplyDelete