Friday, July 18, 2008

What to Do When it Rains!

Like many of you I awoke at around 4am to a mad storm outside. Thunder, lightning, and deafening rain striking the roof and siding on the house kept me awake for about 20 minutes!

I guess it all stopped at some point around or before 5am, as my alarm woke me up at 5:30am. I had definitely fallen back asleep, but didn't remember falling back asleep. I was pretty tired, but had to get up for my first client at 6am.

I hit the shower to wake up (didn't really work), had breakfast and headed downstairs to my studio to prepare for my 6am client. At 6:08am I sent a text wondering if we were still on for training. When I didn't get an answer by 6:15am I called. Turns out they'd had their windows open and had quite a bit of water get in the house. So training was off, as they had clean-up to take care of at home.

So.. I was there, now awake, in my studio... what do I do. I could go back to bed, but by the time I would get to sleep, I'd have to be up by 7:15 anyway for my next client, so I decided that some restoration work would be the most productive use of my time.

Here's what I did.

Foam Roller: Quads, IT band, Hamstrings, Adductors, Glute Max, Glute Med, Thoracic Spine, Lats, and Pecs.

I grabbed my tennis ball and took care of my Infraspinatus and Piriformis.

Then I did some static stretching for my Rectus Femoris / Tensor Fascia.

I probably spent about 25 minutes in all, and as I went upstairs after, I was reminded again by how good all my joints felt of the importance of soft tissue work.

So don't skip out on your foam roller!

It's Friday folks.. so I gotta roll!

;)
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment