Thursday, October 30, 2008

Smart Breakfast...

My clients often ask me what I eat for breakfast so I thought I'd post it on my blog for all my online viewers to see as well.

I "heat-up" in the microwave 1 cup of organic oats with about 1/2 cup - 2/3 cup 2% organic milk.

Add 1 scoop plain protein powder (about 25g protein in a 30g scoop) I use Isopro by Precision Nutrition.

Add 1 tbsp Udo's Oil Blend

Add 2 heaping tbsp ground flax seeds*

Add 1 semi-heaping tbsp ground pumpkin seeds*

Add 1 semi-heaping tbsp ground sunflower seeds*

Add 1 sliced banana

Add 1/2 cup thawed frozen raspberries (Either Europe's Best or Presidents Choice brand)

Add 1 or 2 packets Stevia

Add 2/3 cup Liberte organic plain 2% yogurt

Mix it all together and presto.. that's my breakfast every morning.

Yes this is a whole lot to eat and it weighs in around 1200kcal. It's about 30% protein, 50% carbs, and about 20% fat. It takes me all of 3 minutes to prepare every morning, and only another 5 minutes to eat it.

So there's absolutely no excuse to not get a good breakfast!

You might think that 1200kcal is too much for you, and it very well may be, so just multiply the amounts of each food item by .25, .33, .5, .66, or .75 to get 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, or 3/4 of the portion.

One of those amounts will probably be perfect for just about everyone.

The best thing about it is that you'll have loads of energy all the way through until noon, based on an 8am or 9am breakfast. I usually eat this between 5am and 7am depending on when I have my first client of the day, and I'm guaranteed a good 3-4 hours before I get hungry again.

Enjoy!
:)
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment