Thursday, September 11, 2008

M.I.A...

It's been a while since my last blog post, I've been busy with a number of projects, and took a bit of vacation time with my wife and some friends, so all rested up, I'm back in the swing, and I'll have some new pieces for you shortly.

In the mean time, here's a favourite recipe of mine, courtesy of my wife Tanya.

For those of you out there who hate broccoli but know you should be eating it.. I promise with this recipe you'll be able to consume your broccoli and you'll absolutely love it!

Broccoli Soup

Ingredients:
2 heads broccoli
4 carrots
2-3 tbsp chicken broth
1 med onion
1/2 cup milk
3-4 cloves garlic
1- 1.5 tbsp flour

Preparation:
Cut broccoli, carrots, and onion into 10" diameter pot.
Add water (approx 8 cups) to cover veggies by 1" water.
Bring to boil and ensure veggies are well cooked.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Pour mixture into blender, puree until smooth.
Pour blender contents back into pot.
Add milk.
Add crushed garlic.
Put heat at med.
Mix flour with 1/2 cup hot water and whip until pasty (no chunks), then add flour and water mixture to pot contents and stir until bottom starts to thicken.
Turn off heat and stir occasionally until desired consistency.
Serve hot or let cool and freeze for future use.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Note: May replace 2% milk with half and half or table cream for a creamier soup if you don't mind the extra calories.

I had this for dinner tonight and as always with this soup, I never enjoy my broccoli so much!

Hope you enjoy it too!

:)
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment