Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fire At 275 Bank Street!!!

As you may or may not already know, a Fire at 275 Bank Street has caused the temporary shut down of Trueform Health and Fitness as well as my personal training studio both located at this address.

The building caught fire on the 2nd and 4th floor, and damaged structures on all four floors. Thankfully both Trueform and my private studio are located in the basement and likely haven't suffered any fire damage. However, water damage will likely be significant in the basement and may take weeks to repair.

I'm just guessing here, but there may be as much as a foot or more of dirty, sooty, water in the basement, which will need to be pumped out. The bottom foot or two of all drywalled walls will likely have to be rebuilt, and all of the rubber mats in the gym and my studio will have to be lifted and cleaned and dried properly before being re-laid.

My studio computer was sitting on the floor, so I'm sure it's done! My biggest hope at this point is that all my textbooks which were on a shelf about 5 feet off the ground are not damaged.

Thankfully earlier this year I decided to set up a studio in my basement so I've been able to continue training a large number of my clients here.

I'll keep you posted as further details are released!

Thankfully nobody was hurt!

:)
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment