Sunday, February 7, 2010

Psycho-Body-Rocket-Fuel


DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING
YOU HEAR!


As you know, I'm a firm believer in healthy eating habits, over diet tricks, and most nutritional supplements.

As I've mentioned before, as far as supplements go, a basic protein powder, an essential fat supplement, a basic "cover all your bases" multi-vitamin & mineral supplement, and as far as performance enhancement, CREATINE is excellent too.

Other than that, most of what is sold on supplement shelves is totally unnecessary if you have good solid nutrition habits.

So what's this crazy "PSYCHO-BODY-ROCKET-FUEL", I've been blabbing about?

Well, don't worry, I'm not trying to sell you any new supplements...

But I am trying to sell you on something...

Find out what it is below...

CLICK ON THE VIDEO BELOW...




If the video takes too long to load just...

============================
PSYCHO-BODY-ROCKET-FUEL <--- CLICK HERE
============================

Now... you'll have to excuse me, while I was filming the video, I didn't realize that you wouldn't be able to hear my voice at a certain part.


Basically, I was saying that the you have to blend a bit longer to get rid of the chunkiness of the shake. I like it a bit chunky, but most people would probably want a spoon to eat it because it's so thick. So just blend longer.

I also realized after I watched the video that I forgot to add the oats... LOL... I don't have the greatest multi-tasking abilities... "CAN'T TALK AND MAKE SHAKE AT SAME TIME"

To recap on the quantities in my shake:

1250 kcal

64 g PRO (28% of Total Calories)
96 g CHO (42% of Total Calories)
68 g FAT (30% of Total Calories)

To adapt this to your own needs, maintain the approximate ratios of Pro, Carbs, and Fats, but either reduce or increase the quantities.

Example:

If you want a roughly 600 or 300 Calorie shake reduce the quantity of each of the ingredients below by half or a quarter.

Ingredients:

1 Cup Organic 2% milk
1/2 Cup Organic Oats
4 Tbsp Udo's Oil
4 Heaping Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
4 Heaping Tbsp Liberte Organic Plain Yogurt
1 Scoop Protein Powder (30g Protein)
1/2 Cup Frozen Berries (Rasp, Blue, Straw)
1/4 Cup Frozen Cranberries
1 Small-Med Banana


After you try this shake, I'd love to hear what you think about it. Please leave your comments below.

7 comments:

  1. This shake is fantastic. Thanks for showing really how simple it can be to make such a great breakfast in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how might i modify this shake if i don't eat dairy? i'd love to start making energy shakes in the morning to keep up with the energy of my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use Goat yogurt, goats milk, or almond milk, and the yogurt is optional. If you're hardcore enough, you can just use water...

    Think of it like a "Sherbert" Shake, than an ice cream shake!

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey buddy... some good stuff there... that tastes delicious! Thanks!

    I'm for SURE going to have that every morning... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't missed a morning with a shake like that in years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shane, I have a few random questions for you. I have a fat friend who wants to lose weight. Assuming he'll put all the work in, is 3 days a week of lifting, and 3 days a week of cardio optimal? Should that cardio be interval training, or steady state? - since he is fat I don't want to injure him. Finally, for post workout nutrition, I've heard glycogen (=sugar=carbs?) is most important, but I've also heard protein is what a person needs most. ??? Thanks a bunch for your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danny:

    that's definitely enough training if the diet supports fat loss.

    That said... carbs need to be targeted to prior- and post-training meals.

    more simple carbs or starches in those meals.. then the other meals should be carbs with higher fiber levels.

    Oats, bulgur, etc.. in morning, veggies at other meals.

    Get your friend to sign up to my newsletter and he'll get my 7 Day fat loss guide which has everything you need to know!

    :)
    Shane

    ReplyDelete