Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Awesome Nutritious Shake

I was getting my hair cut the other day at www.destinationhair.com (they're awesome!) and they made me this fantastic nutritious shake while I was waiting. I figured it would taste awful because it was green, but it was amazing. I knew right away I had to pass this on to my readers.

Here's the recipe.

In blender:
1/2 apple
1/2 banana
1/2 cucumber
1 stalk chopped celery
handful of spinach
1 tsp greens (optional)
1 heaping tbsp hemp protein powder (can substitute a non-sweetened whey protein)
1-2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 chopped dates
1 tsp maple syrup


Add a bit of water to get it mixing, then add water to achieve desired thickness. To make it a cold treat add a couple ice cubes!

This shake is certainly not a high-protein low-carb shake, but it is made with all natural, healthy ingredients. And if you don't like spinach, you'll be pleasantly surprised by how good this is. If you didn't know it contained spinach you'd never know. So it's good for those who want a way to get spinach in your diet if you don't like the taste!

Best of all it's highly nutritious, has lots of fibre, and tastes soooo good!

Enjoy!

:)
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment